What Does the Term “Slump Housing” Mean and How Does It Affect Tenants?
We are equipped with a team of lawyers that are ready to take on your case and fight for your rights.
“Slump Housing” refers to a house that is in very poor condition. Fortunately, California laws provide tenants protection from living in such conditions.
When a rental unit is in poor condition or has features that simply don’t work, it is the landlord’s duty to repair all the issues to ensure that the tenant’s safety is not at risk.
If the landlord does not take any course of action to repair any damages, the tenant may then request the help of a tenant rights lawyer.
Castelblanco Law Group, APLC has been protecting tenant rights for over 20 years. Our lawyers have won several millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of our clients.
There is no need to keep on living in unsafe and/or unhealthy conditions.
- Working toilet, sink, bath or shower in a well ventilated room that allows for privacy.
- Must have a kitchen with a sink.
- Each room much have natural lighting coming in through a window or skylight.
- Windows should open at least halfway of have a fan.
- Must have safe emergency exits.
- Main door must have a lock.
- Must have working smoke detectors.
- Must have a mailbox with lock.
Castelblanco Law Group, APLC has over 20 years of experience in tenant rights.